Today I received a nomination for a Leibster Award from Alissa at http://iamanrd.wordpress.com/. Thank you Alissa! I discovered Alissa’s blog via Katy Widrick’s (http://katywidrick.com/) 28-Day Blog Challenge (#28DBC) on The Challenge Loop. Below are the rules for The Leibster Award, according to Alissa.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you. (Done!)
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 other blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog. (Done!)
11 Questions from Alissa
2) What is your favorite food?
Grilled cheese! I have a weakness for cheese (and chocolate, and chips, and so forth), and grilled cheese just hits the spot every time. Especially with tomato soup and goldfish! On Valentine’s Day, my boyfriend and I went to Ripple, where they have a Gourmet Grilled Cheese Bar from 5:00-6:30 and 10:30-12:00midnight. It is heavenly. We got the French Onion Soup grilled cheese, the Swiss Bank Account grilled cheese, and the Krusty Krab grilled cheese. Delicious.
3) What is your greatest achievement in life thus far?
This past year has been one giant achievement, because I achieved a lot of awesome things in such a short time. I had a really hard year before that, so I needed this year. From February 2012 until now, I have become an ACE-certified Personal Trainer, landed a killer Graduate Assistantship that was super competitive but that I worked my ass off for, become an ACE-Certified Health Coach (formerly know as Lifestyle and Weight Management Coach).
4) Describe your perfect date.
This is a really hard question because I feel like there are so many different types of dates that I enjoy. In October, I went on a date with my boyfriend where we painted goofy paintings at a place called Art Jamz. For two hours, we got to use all of the acrylic paint, glitter, and brushes available to paint anything we want on a pretty large canvas. And there were drinks involved! Afterwards, we went out for drinks. This date was one of the most fun I’ve had because it involved creativity, goofiness, and good conversation, along with some amazing cocktails.
5) If you could go anyplace in the world on vacation where would it be and why?
Another hard one! Right now, I would love to backpack through Europe for a couple months. I’ve been to Europe a couple of times–I even lived in Spain for four months–but there is so much more I want to explore.
6) What is the last book you read?
Slightly embarrassing, but the last book I read was Beautiful Creatures. I was intrigued by the movie trailer.
7) Favorite TV shows that you watch every week?
I unfortunately don’t have enough time to watch the same show every week, but I am currently watching all the seasons of Friday Night Lights on Netflix. Big hearts to Tim Riggins and Matt Saracen.
9) If you had a $1000 shopping spree, what store would you go to?
Lululemon. I love their workout clothing, but I have none of it because I can’t afford it 😦
10) What is your hidden talent?
I’m not sure–it must be hidden from me as well!
11) Favorite quote or life motto?
Make the journey worth it. For any destination you are traveling to–mental, physical, spiritual–make sure you make the journey enjoying and fulfilling. After all, if you never make it to your destination for whatever reason, what was all of the fuss for?
11 Random Facts About Myself
1) I studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain for a semester in college. (I stole this fact idea from Alissa-thanks!)
2) I got slimed on Nickolodeon when I was 7. It wasn’t aired….but it still counts! Tasted like applesauce.
3) I got surgery on my wrist this past May, and the scar surprisingly doesn’t bother me, so I haven’t worked hard to make it disappear.
4) I currently teach a for-credit Volleyball class at my university, even though I never played volleyball.
5) I adore Pumpkin Spice Lattes and just realized that the Starbucks near me still carries it even though it isn’t fall. Dangerous.
6) I used to claim that I “hated” yoga, but I just recently decided I want to become yoga certified. My favorite pose is Pigeon because my piriformis muscle is always tight.
7) My favorite football team is the Philadelphia Eagles–FLY EAGLES FLY! But I also like the Raiders (my dad raised me as a Raiders’ fan) and the Saints (my best friend is from New Orleans).
8) I have a weakness for chips, cheese, and chocolate.
9) When I was little I wanted to be a dolphin trainer.
10) I have played field hockey since I was 12 and have awesome triceps because of it 🙂
11) I love all animals but have a special place in my heart for cats.
11 Questions for My Nominees
1. If you could were a superhero, what would your name be?
2. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
3. What blog do you follow most religiously?
4. What is your biggest fear in life?
5. Are you a Harry Potter fan? If so, what was your favorite book?
6. What’s your favorite Halloween costume that you’ve ever worn?
7. Favorite workout routine?
8. What is your dream career?
9. If you had to choose a color to represent your personality, what would it be and why?
10. Do you believe in horoscopes? Why or why not?
11. Name your greatest passion in life.
1) @ Love.Eat.Live
3) @ Eat Nap Play
4) @ AlyssaOutLoud
5) @ A Seersucker Life