Okay, readers. I have a big question for you. I bet you guessed it already since it’s the title of this post.
What are your dreams?
I’m not asking about what you dream about at night, although if you feel the need to share, by all means, shoot for the stars. What I really want to know though, is what your dreams are in life. What are your aspirations? What do you hope to be, wish to do, want to be like?
I will share some of my dreams with you:
- Become a Certified Yoga Teacher. Over the past couple of months I have experienced the mental and physical benefits of yoga and not only do I want to incorporate more of that into my life, but I also want to be able to share yoga with others. First, I will start by attending more classes. I need to acquire the funds for a teacher training before I actually do it.
- Eat Clean 80/20. I have had some digestive issues in the past. In addition, I have a condition that predisposes me to high glucose and insulin levels in my blood. Therefore, eating clean is not just about me being trim and looking good. It’s also about how I feel. I want to feel good. I want to radiate health and happiness. I don’t want to have a bloated and gurgly stomach after eating certain foods, and I don’t want to be pre-diabetic like I was in my freshmen year of college ever again. However, I am realistic. I know that there will be times that I want to splurge and have a cupcake or a grilled cheese or…a Pumpkin Spice Latte! I am going to allow myself that 20% of the time. I would like to eat clean 80% of the time.
- Become a professional blogger. I am so inspired by (and envious of) the bloggers I follow who are able to make a career out of it. Not that I want or need to be paid to enjoy blogging, but honestly, how cool would it be to be able to make a living out of what I am doing right now?
- Write a book. This is a far-fetched dream, as I know how hard writing a book is. However, I would love to do this some day! Maybe I should just start now…..
- Be a runner. I have these visions of myself in my head…running all over the city, building a stronger, leaner body. I can hear my feet pounding the pavement or snapping tiny twigs on the trails of Rock Creek Park. I want to run the occasional 5k, 10k, and half marathon. I am not going to say that I dream to be a marathoner. Sure, it would be nice to say I completed one, but I am right now just aiming to become a regular runner. I want to have another reason to build up my sneaker collection 🙂 These are the sneakers I got for my birthday last year. Nothing like a colorful pair of sneakers to motivate me to get my butt moving! My best friend thinks these remind her of wildberry poptarts 🙂
Signing off now! I have to go chase some dreams.
*Please credit all photos back to me.*