Why hello there!
What are the rules?
The rules are:
1. you must link back to the person who nominated you [CHECK!]
2. you must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you [CHECK! See below]
3. you must pick 11 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following) [CHECK! See below]
4. you must create 11 questions for your nominees [CHECK! See below]
5. you must notify your nominees [I will do that as soon as I post 🙂 ]
1. What do you think Heaven smells like? (I thought of this while in the kitchen brewing coffee while bacon was cooking and thought to myself “this is what heaven smells like”)
I think Heaven must smell like a combination of chocolate and coffee–an Espresso Oak Aged Yeti? But really–if you’ve ever been present for the making of chocolate fudge, or if you have ever melted chocolate on the stove to dip peanut butter eggs or other delicious items into, combine THAT smell with the smell of coffee beans.
2. What’s the goal you are currently working most diligently towards accomplishing?
Gosh, that’s a hard question! I would say that I have three main goals I am working diligently toward right now:
- Beating my first half marathon time (2:02:36) on June 8th. Ideally, I would like to get below 2 hours.
- Refining my dietary habits (specifically, seeing if gluten is what bothers my stomach)
- Increasing my blog reach
3. What gets you out of bed when you don’t want to get up? What serves as your motivation on a bad day?
Giving myself something to look forward to. A lot of times I tell myself that the sooner I get up, the sooner I can get through the day. Procrastinating stresses me out more, so if I’m not looking forward to the day, I do what I can to get through it faster. I also treat myself to a good breakfast or coffee to coax myself out of bed.
4. What song serves as your anthem?
What a fun question 🙂 I have a couple of answers (I actually have so many more to this but I am limiting it to three):
- This Girl is on Fire, Alicia Keys
- Eye of the Tiger, Survivor
- Dog Days are Over, Florence + the Machine
5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I was asked this question a couple weeks ago; I didn’t have an answer then, and I don’t think I have an answer now either. I want to live somewhere where I have easy access to: mountains, ocean, city, family. I want it all, you know? I definitely want to settle somewhere with the 4 seasons. I love my changing leaves and my first snowfall.
6. What is your first childhood memory?
Crawling out of my crib to sneak into my brother’s room.
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Laziness and lateness. I could go on but I don’t want to focus on the negative 🙂
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What will you have accomplished? Where will you be going?
Honestly, I don’t know. I am hoping to be in a place where I am more certain about what I want my career to be and I hope to be a couple years along in that career. 10 years is a long way away and I’m just trying to live day by day! (I also hope to have an orange kitten named Rupert by then.)
9. How do you de-stress?
I like to face my stress head on and get whatever is stressing me out either organized or out of the way. Other de-stressing methods–running, reading, writing. However, if I am writing or reading in my room I need to clean up my room first because I can’t relax in a messy area. Showers also really relax me–when I was in college and studying or writing a paper, I would take a shower if I needed to step away. I would limit it to one shower a day, though, don’t worry.
10. What is a talent that you wish you had? (example: I wish I could either sing or dance well. I can do both but you don’t ever wanna witness it)
I wish I was really good at creating my own healthy recipes for meals, baked goods, and smoothies. I suppose this is something I could learn, so I guess a better answer would be that I wish I was good at painting and drawing–more coming up with unique, inspired works of arts than the technicality
11. What is your best characteristic? What is your worst?
I believe my best characteristic is my outgoing and friendly personality. I believe this is also my worst characteristic because I tend to have a hard-time saying no, thus committing to way too many things and stretching myself thin in both my work and personal life.
My Questions for My Nominees
1. What are your three favorite things to do in your down time?
2. What is your life motto?
3. What is your dream job?
4. If you described yourself as a color, what color would you be and why?
5. If someone wrote a book about your life up until now, what would the title be?
6. Who would you choose to play you in a movie?
7. If you could be a professional athlete, what sport would you choose to be a pro at?
8. Who do you look up to the most in life right now?
9. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
10. What stores do you frequent the most (online or in-person)?
11. Favorite book right now?
I looked back at my first LIebster award after I wrote these questions and some of them are the same. I guess I always want to know the same things about people 🙂 But that’s okay because I’m nominating new people so it’s not like I’m asking someone the same question twice.
Becca at From Snickers to Marathon
Hannah at Fit Girl Happy Girl
Hayley at Anecdotes of An Awkward Girl
Jess at Go Run Jess
Kristen at Run Away With Me
Mike at Running Around the Bend
Naina at The Honest Doctor
Rachel at Darlin’ Rae
Rachel at Running Races Coast to Coast
(Not sure of name) at So What? I Run.
(Not sure of name) at I Thought They Said RUM
Thanks for reading!